2024 Kodiak Crab Festival Poster Contest
Make your mark on the Kodiak Crab Festival History!
Participate in this long-standing Kodiak tradition by entering your artwork in our poster contest.
This year, the theme is “Crab Fest 66-All Roads Lead To The Spit”
Details & Rules
The Crab Fest Committee has selected the theme/slogan “Crab Fest 66-All Roads Lead To The Spit” for the 2024 Kodiak Crab Festival. Let your imagination run wild, there are no restrictions.
- Artwork of all mediums are eligible including and not limited to paintings, prints, photography, and digital illustrations. High-quality photographs of a three-dimensional piece will also be considered.
- The finished poster will be 18″ x 24″. Submitted artwork may be larger or smaller, but the size will be altered from that of the original to meet poster dimensions. Additionally, text reading Kodiak Crab Fest 2024 will be added to submissions in which it is not already included.
- Digital entries must be available in high-resolution no less than 300dpi when enlarged to 18” x 24”.
- Entries should be representative of Kodiak and marketable as a poster to a wide audience.
- By submitting artwork, the artist confirms that the work is their own and that they have the rights to it.
- Artists should submit entries electronically to Ellen Simeonoff, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries must be received no later than 5 PM on Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 to be considered.
- Artists should submit photographs of physical artwork or digital photography, and entries may not be watermarked.
- The artist/owner retains ownership of the artwork and gives the Kodiak Chamber of Commerce the exclusive right only to produce and sell it as a Kodiak Crab Festival poster. The artist’s credit line will appear on each reproduced poster.
- The Kodiak Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to use images of the winning artwork to advertise Crab Festival and Poster Sales, including but not limited to Social Media and Website posts, flyers, and signs.
- The final design will be chosen by the 2024 Crab Festival Committee. The Committee reserves the right to not choose any of the artwork submitted. The Committee also reserves the right to commission an artist.
- The chosen artist will receive $750 and a selection of Crab Fest merchandise, posters, and recognition through the sale of Crab Festival posters.
- The Kodiak Chamber of Commerce will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork.
The winner will be notified by Tuesday, December 19th, 2023. Additional questions may be directed to Ellen Simeonoff, Executive Director, at (907) 486-5557 or email@example.com.