2021 Kodiak Crab Festival Logo Contest
Would you like to see your artwork all over Crab Fest? Then enter your design in the 2021 Kodiak Crab Festival Logo Contest!
If your design is selected, you will have your artwork displayed on the 2021 Crab Festival shirts, buttons, pins, and promotional advertising.
THIS YEAR, THE THEME IS “RETRO REVIVAL”
The Crab Fest Committee has selected the slogan “Retro Revival” for the 2021 Kodiak Crab Festival. Let your imagination run wild! There are no restrictions on the decade in which retro or revival are restricted to.
There are no age restrictions, however, only finished, quality pieces should be submitted. All logo submissions for the 2021 Crab Festival must reach the Kodiak Chamber of Commerce office, 100 Marine Way, by 5 PM on Monday, November 9th, 2020.
- The logo should incorporate the image of a crab within the design.
- Limited to 5 colors (this includes white and black + 3 colors).
- It could also reflect some aspect of the Crab Festival, such as the midway, carnival, parade, sporting and outdoor events, the fishing fleet, or other themes associated with Kodiak Island, such as our wildlife or cultural heritage.
- Logos need to be original, tasteful, and of high quality.
- Logos are limited to a maximum of 5 colors (This includes white and black).
- Submit entries on 8½” x 11” white paper with the artist’s name, address, and telephone number on the back.
- Artists should submit entries electronically to Sarah Phillips, Kodiak Crab Festival Manager, at ChamberDirector@kodiak.org.
- All entries must be received no later than 5 PM on Monday, November 9th, 2020 to be considered.
- By submitting artwork, the artist confirms that the work is their own and that they have the rights to it
- Logos may be computer-generated.
- Do not submit extremely detailed designs. Pins are typically 1” round and do not reproduce fine detail well.
- Artists may submit as many entries as they wish.
- The Chamber reserves the right to select the final slogan and logo design and reserves the right to solicit an image should no entries meet the requirements.
- The Chamber reserves the right to use potential slogans for future use.
- There will be a special category for Children 12 and under who will have a special prize package worth $100 awarded to them. The same rules apply as the above. This does not exclude them from the overall contest.
The winner will be notified by November 16th, 2020, and will receive $300 worth of Crab Fest merchandise with their logo. All non-winning entries will be available for pick up no later than December 23rd, 2020 at the Chamber office. If you should have any questions, please contact Sarah Phillips, Kodiak Crab Festival Manager, at (907) 486-5557 or ChamberDirector@kodiak.org.