2023 Kodiak Crab Festival Poster Contest
Make your mark on the Kodiak Crab Festival History!
Participate in this long-standing Kodiak tradition by entering your artwork in our poster contest.
This year, the theme is “Crab Fest, Bringing Kodiak Together for 65 Years”
The Crab Fest Committee has selected the slogan “Crab Fest, Bringing Kodiak Together for 65 Years” for the 2023 Kodiak Crab Festival. Let your imagination run wild, there are no restrictions.
- Artwork of all mediums are eligible including and not limited to paintings, prints, photography, and digital illustrations. High-quality photographs of a three-dimensional piece will also be considered.
- The finished poster will be 18″ x 24″. Submitted artwork may be larger or smaller, but the size will be altered from that of the original to meet poster dimensions. Additionally, text reading Kodiak Crab Fest 2022 will be added to submissions in which it is not already included.
- Digital entries must be available in high-resolution no less than 300dpi when enlarged to 18” x 24”.
- Entries should be representative of Kodiak and marketable as a poster to a wide audience.
- By submitting artwork, the artist confirms that the work is their own and that they have the rights to it.
- Artists should submit entries electronically to Jena Lowmaster, Kodiak Crab Festival Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries must be received no later than 5 PM on Monday, November 14th, 2022 to be considered.
- Artists should submit photographs of physical artwork or digital photography, and entries may not be watermarked.
- The artist/owner retains ownership of the artwork and gives the Kodiak Chamber of Commerce the exclusive right only to produce and sell it as a Kodiak Crab Festival poster. The artist’s credit line will appear on each reproduced poster.
- The Kodiak Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to use images of the winning artwork to advertise Crab Festival and Poster Sales, including but not limited to Social Media and Website posts, flyers, and signs.
- The final design will be chosen by the 2023 Crab Festival Committee. The Committee reserves the right to not choose any of the artwork submitted. The Committee also reserves the right to commission an artist.
- The chosen artist will receive $200 and a selection of Crab Fest merchandise and recognition through the sale of Crab Festival posters.
- The Kodiak Chamber of Commerce will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork.
The winner will be notified by Monday, November 21, 2022. Additional questions may be directed to Jena Lowmaster, Kodiak Crab Festival Manager, at (907) 486-5557 or email@example.com.